We are globetrotter, explorer, big-hearted adventurer and nomads. We are enthusiasts, contemporary witnesses and observer.
When travelling around the world we were visiting interesting countries, great cities, and saw amazing places and landscapes. We were confronted with sadness and happiness, beauty, fairness and unfairness, poverty, different cultures, diversity, and the fragility of human existence.
But we also saw a lot of polluted places and rivers; dirty beaches and bays; waste along the trail when hiking; garbage left behind on campgrounds; dead birds on beaches filled with plastic or rapped in a fisher net.
Though we thought let’s write about it and inspire people to be more responsible and respectful, to get travelers to help and speak up when seeing such things.
GREEN will be our new category.
What will we write about and post?
- Tips on how to travel green
- Create an environmental and eco friendly behaviour when travelling or when planning a trip
- Eco friendly hotels and campgrounds
Many travel companies, hotels; backpacker and lodges do have meanwhile a “green” and eco friendly policy that also focuses on the socio-cultural impact to their surroundings.
- How to support small businesses in a region, buying regional products, and buy at local markets.
- What to look out for and respect when out in nature or going hiking.
- What transport mode to chose for when planning your trip?
Using public transportation and chose for a train rather than a plane, take your bike when you parked your camper van.
- Reduce energy usage and emissions
- Recycle you garbage and think of when using natural resource.
Don’t waste too much water, what method of waste disposal do you use when going camping, separate and recycle your garbage.
- Help to clean up, speak up, remind others, and be a role model.
- VEGAN lifestyle
With this category we want to highlight how important it is to be responsible when it comes to our environment.
We will regularly post an advise “our ECO friendly thought”. Therefore, it would be great to also get your thoughts on this subject and your support helping communicate this responsibility.
We can’t always write about “the great outdoors”, nature, wanderlust, hiking and camping, post great landscape photography but NOT respecting our environment.